The East Orange Opiate Rehab Center Guide to Understanding Opiates
Everything you need to know about treating opiate addiction.
What Are Opiates? Opiates are defined as a medication or an illegal drug that is derived from the opium plant. Opiate drugs are classified as narcotic sedatives which depresses the central nervous system, alleviating pain, and inducing sleep. Long term use of these drugs can produce addiction, and overuse of the drug can cause overdose and possibly death. At East Orange Opiate Rehab Center they can assist you in finding the best treatments for opiate abuse.
Common Opiate Drugs
The Importance of Opiate Addiction Treatment
Opiate addiction treatment is important because it provides individuals with the opportunity to recover their lives from the detriments of an opioid abuse problem. By enrolling in heroin addiction rehab, you can reap a host of positive benefits. Benefits of our East Orange Opiate Rehab Center include:
- Around the clock care and support in a medically supervised facility
- The opportunity to be apart of a drug free environment
- Being a part of a structured program
- The opportunity to completely focus on your recovery with no distractions
- Provided with the resources and tools for a successful recovery
- Access to balanced and nutritious meals daily during recovery
- Access to a supportive network of staff and peers
- The opportunity to learn about addiction, how to overcome it, effective coping skills and more
- The opportunity to develop a daily routine which consists of healthy behaviors and habits
How Is Opiate Abuse Treated
According to the World Health Organization, there is no single treatment which can effectively treat individuals suffering from opioid or opiate abuse. Opiate addiction treatment typically implements the use of several effective approaches to achieve a successful recovery. Treatment options for opiate addiction and abuse typically include both psychosocial and pharmacological interventions. Medications such as naltrexone, buprenorphine and methadone. Psychosocial approaches such as cognitive behavioral therapy and contingency management have shown to be highly effective in opiate addiction treatment.
Determining If There's A Need for Opiate Addiction Treatment
Finding out if you or your loved one's use of opiates is cause for concern is as simple as conducting a quick questionnaire. You can start by asking yourself the following questions and honestly answering them:
- Do you feel as if your use of opiates is growing out of control?
- Do you use opiate drugs for reasons other than for a prescribed medical reason?
- Are you able to stop using opiates when you want to?
- Do you ever experience feelings of guilt or shame in relation to your use of opiates?
- Have you experienced any blackouts as a result of using opiates?
- Has your partner, friends or family complained or expressed concern about your drug use?
- Have you neglected your family due in relation to your opiate use?
- Have you engaged in any illegal activities as a means to obtain opiate drugs?
- Do you experience symptoms of withdrawal when you stop or reduce your use of opiates?
- Have you experienced any medical issues such as memory loss, hepatitis, etc. in relation to your opiate use?
If you or your loved one answered yes to more than one of the questions listed above, now is the time to seek professional help.
Get Started With Opiate Addiction Treatment at Drug Rehab Centers in East Orange Today!
If you or your loved one are currently abusing opiate drugs, we strongly recommend seeking help immediately. The long term abuse of opiate drugs can lead to experiencing a myriad of negative health consequences, and even death by overdose in some instances. Ignoring or leaving a drug use problem untreated won't make the outcome any better. Make the brave decision to seek professional help and allow yourself or your loved one the opportunity to recover your lives. Call this helpline today at 973-915-3126.